Welcome!

Welcome to our Blog! We are excited to have a place to share all the amazing things that are happening in our lives right now. Please keep in touch with us often!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our Walk with God

I thought that I might add a little background on our relationship with God for those of you who don't know us very well. My Dad, Denny Weyandt, promised God that if he gave him a daughter, that he would take her to church every Sunday. God answered my Dad's prayers, and my Dad took me and my brothers to church at Our Savior Lutheran everyday. (Hollidaysburg, PA) It was in this church that I first learned about God and how much he loved me, but it was through my Aunt, Donna Gampe, that I was saved. Through her testimony, I saw the need in my life to accept Christ as my savior at a young age. When I was a teen, I started going to the youth group that my Aunt Donna taught at Juniata Valley Gospel Church. Not only did I grow greatly in my walk with Christ, but I also met my future husband, Jason Hoover. Jason's parents didn't attend church, but through the youth group's influence, and mine, Jason came to accept Jesus as his Savior and also led his younger sisters, Janelle and Jennifer Hoover, to see the importance of Christ to their lives. I am happy to say that both girls have gone on more than one mission trip for God. When Jason and I were engaged, we attended a few different churches, including Greater Grace in Tyrone-which was full of excitement and energy for God.However,we ended up finding our church home at Leamersville Grace Brethren Church. (Duncansville, PA) For more than 3 years we got to know and love the members of our church and participated in many activities and even taught the junior youth group for a couple years. In 2009, I took a new job in Cranberry Township, PA and we moved to our current home in Conway. We were blessed to quickly find a new home in Grace Community Church. I still remember all the special things I treasured about each of the churches I have been a part of, and each played an important role in my walk with God. We wouldn't be in this place to follow God and do his work on a mission trip without the influence of so many. Thank you all and we look forward to making new memories at Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment